Associate Actuary Ltc Modeling Jobs Vacancy in Manulife Boston
Manulife Boston urgently required following position for Associate Actuary Ltc Modeling. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Associate Actuary Ltc Modeling Jobs Vacancy in Manulife Boston Jobs Details:
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The John Hancock Insurance product line has broad, diversified and complex product offerings and multi-dimensional compliance requirements (IFRS, NAIC, Tax) The Finance area is responsible for managing all aspects of the business unit financials and provides an excellent opportunity for individuals to develop financial and technical skills in a fast paced, challenging environment.
The successful candidate will be part of an internal consulting team in the US Insurance/Annuities shared services area. Team members will support various new initiatives and will be exposed to a variety of projects for Long Term Care.
- Assist on high impact projects to support Finance and Divisional initiatives
- Design and implement emerging IFRS17 valuation functionality in AXIS models
- Provide modeling expertise to triennial experience study analysis and various in-force management projects
- Recommend process improvements related to all bases of valuation (IFRS, NAIC and Tax)
- Implement basis changes through rigorous model change management processes
- Provide model results for reserves, LICAT, AAT, forecasts, economic capital and explain results as needed
- Investigate potential issues in data or model and recommend enhancements to extracts, ETL code or AXIS
Work with IT, Operations and data management areas to improve the quality of valuation extract information
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Competencies):
- FSA, FCIA or equivalent designation
- At least 5 years of actuarial experience in financial services industry
- Detail-oriented with ability to learn new concepts and be able to apply them quickly
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactive and self-motivated with an ability to work on cross-functional teams as well as independently
- Experience with AXIS (or similar actuarial modeling software) is preferred
- Experience with Disability products (e.g. LTC, DI) is helpful, but not required
If you are ready to unleash your potential it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.