Administrative Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in City Houston Houston
City Houston Houston urgently required following position for Administrative Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in City Houston Houston Jobs Details:
Department: Housing and Community Development
Division: Planning and Grants Management
Reporting Location: 601 Sawyer, Houston, TX 77007
Workdays & Hours: 8 am - 5 pm, Monday - Friday*
- Subject to change
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The City of Houston's Department of Housing and Community Development (HCDD) seeks to create a City in which every resident has an affordable home in a community where they can thrive. Partnering with non-profit, governmental, and local entities, HCDD seeks to strengthen Houston's neighborhoods, provide true housing choice and execute the Mayor's vision for One Houston with complete communities throughout.
To achieve this mission, the Planning and Grants Management Division is looking to fill an Administrative Coordinator (Senior Grant Systems and Reporting Analyst) position. This position facilitates the reporting processes in HUD's Integrated Disbursement and Information System (IDIS) and the Disaster Recovery Reporting System (DRGR). This position requires advanced MS Office skills, proven analytical abilities, and the application of logic and reasoning to solve problems and implement solutions. Candidates for this position should be self-motivated, possess a high degree of accountability, and have exceptional organizational and prioritization skills.
- Performs problem resolution for advanced grant system and reporting section issues.
- Reviews and ensures tracking of performance metrics and accomplishments.
- Designs and develops data collection systems and management & reporting templates.
- Updates monthly management reports and dashboards.
- Reviews and analyzes periodic grant systems reports.
- Develops and delivers training for grants systems and reporting program personnel, including various aspects of data collection requirements.
- Provides advanced level grants systems and reporting support and technical assistance to program personnel.
- Executes quality assurance procedures necessary to ensure data integrity.
- Develops, reviews, and/or prepares all reporting needs to support the Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report, Quarterly Progress Report, and any other required reporting.
- Maintains current knowledge of regulatory and systems changes which affect specific grant systems activities.
- Provides advanced grant systems and reporting technical assistance and training.
- Coordinates problem resolution for complex grant system and reporting issues.
- Assists in developing grant systems and reporting operational goals and performance metrics.
- Reviews and interprets regulatory guidance and works to develop advanced subject matter knowledge.
- Critical Thinker: Displays well developed analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Driven: Exhibits initiative and a willingness to take ownership of assignments and go the extra mile
- Accurate: Sets and maintains high personal work standards, while demonstrating an attention to detail and a focus on quality
- Results Oriented: Uses confidence, subject matter expertise, and focus to exceed expectations in successfully completing assigned tasks
This is a grant funded position subject to cancellation when funds are depleted and/or contract period ends.
This position is physically comfortable. There are no major sources of discomfort, i.e., essentially normal office environment with acceptable lighting, temperature and air conditions.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Liberal Arts, or a related field.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Five years of administrative experience is required.
Professional administrative experience may be substituted for the education requirement above, on a year-for-year basis.
MINIMUM LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
- Reporting functions associated with the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), Home Investment Partnerships Program (HOME), Housing Opportunities for Persons with Aids (HOPWA), Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG), Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR), and other federal, state, or local grants.
- Researching and applying federal requirements associated with grant reporting systems.
- Time management, organizational, and prioritization skills.
- Successfully managing multiple projects, priorities, and competing deadlines and rapidly adapting to changing production requirements and schedules.
- Database management, report development, and the use of data visualization tools such as iDashboards, Power BI, etc.
- Performing complex analyses to provide insights that influence strategic decisions utilizing advanced analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OnBase, Adobe Pro, MS Publisher or similar, MS Access or other data base program/software, SharePoint, SAP, at an advanced level.
- HUD grant reporting systems such as IDIS and DRGR; and have an ability to quickly grasp specialized software programs.
**Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position, and all other factors in accordance with Executive Order 1-6.**
SELECTION/SKILLS TESTS REQUIRED
Department may administer skills assessment relevant to job description.
SAFETY IMPACT POSITION No
If yes, this position is subject to random drug testing and if a promotional position, candidate must pass an assignment drug test.
Factors used in determining the salary offered include the candidate's qualifications as well as the pay rates of other employees in this classification.
Pay Grade 24
Only online applications will be accepted for this City of Houston job and must be received by the Human Resources Department during posting opening and closing dates shown. Applications must be submitted online at: http://www.www.houstontx.gov
To view your detailed application status, please log-in to your online profile by visiting: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/houston/default.cfm
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Hiring Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
All new and rehires must pass a pre-employment drug test and are subject to a physical examination and verification of information provided.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The City of Houston is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
If you need special services or accommodations, please call 832.393.6090; TTY 7-1-1.