Mechanical Design Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Quest Global Engineering
Quest Global Engineering urgently required following position for Mechanical Design Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Mechanical Design Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Quest Global Engineering Jobs Details:
The mechanical design team is responsible for the design and development of components and assemblies for fuel cell power plants. A Senior Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for designing components or assemblies to meet all functional requirements utilizing a product development process. Product design responsibilities will include: design concept generation, detail design using CAD, drawing review, mechanical and fluid analysis, FMEA analysis, validation test plans, and design documentation and presentations. The engineer will also be responsible for interfacing with manufacturing both in house and at suppliers to launch new designs as well as leading root cause investigations and resolving issues. The candidate will design using PTC Creo and Windchill PLM software.
Essential Job Functions
- Design components to meet all functional requirements using Creo
- Select proper materials for components in various temperature and corrosive conditions
- Perform should cost analysis to ensure product designs meet cost requirements
- Review drawings and ensure proper GD&T is used to best represent design intent and manufacturability
- Design components to meet all applicable codes and standards including ASME B31 Piping codes and Boiler and Pressure Vessel codes
- Communicate with suppliers to ensure tooling and processes align with design intent for new design launches
- Review supplier deviation requests and incorporate design for manufacturing feedback
- Lead root cause investigations
- Lead FMEAs on components and systems to determine largest risks to product success
- Produce validation test plans to ensure designs meet requirements
- Interface with structures and fluid analysts
- Work with a cross functional team to incorporate new designs
- Communicate designs via drawings and documents as well as at Design Reviews
Bachelor or Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering
5-10+ years of Mechanical Design Experience
Knowledge of Creo or similar CAD software
Ability to work with suppliers of various manufacturing processes: injection molding, casting, welding, etc.
Ability to apply ASME Piping and Pressure vessel codes and standards
Knowledge of DFx- Manufacturing, Assembly, Cost, etc.
Familiarity with heat transfer, pressure drop, stress calculations
Adaptability to complete various tasks as business needs change
South Windsor, CT