Public Finance Analyst Associate Jobs Vacancy in George Baum Company Dallas
George Baum Company Dallas urgently required following position for Public Finance Analyst Associate. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Public Finance Analyst Associate Jobs Vacancy in George Baum Company Dallas Jobs Details:
Founded in 1928, George K. Baum & Company (GKB) is one of the nation’s most trusted privately held investment banking firms focused on municipal finance and taxable fixed income sales and trading. We are recognized as an industry leader in the structuring, underwriting and marketing of taxable and tax-exempt securities. As a registered broker-dealer, GKB provides underwriting and municipal advisory services to a variety of public and private sector clients across the country, as well as offering direct access to the institutional markets for our taxable fixed income clients. Our
professionals possess in-depth knowledge and understanding of those services and markets, enabling the Firm to address and meet the specific needs of our clients and successfully manage their portfolio.
To create enduring value for our clients, our people and our shareholders.
Scope of Responsibilities:
The Analyst / Associate will be an integral part of the Investment Banking and Municipal
Underwriting teams, assume a high level of responsibility, and actively participate in sourcing,
developing and executing transactions for governmental issuers throughout the nation. The Analyst / Associate will provide analytical and quantitative support, as well as prepare presentations and other written materials. The Analyst / Associate will be responsible for supporting senior bankers in providing analytics to government clients in a variety of states as well as financial advisory services.
The ideal candidate will desire a future in analytics. He or she will have an interest in public
policy and government, have a thorough understanding of mathematical concepts and a desire to
understand and build complex financial models as well as superior writing skills.
- Work with our local governmental bankers on specific issuer relationships, whether municipal
advisory, senior managed and co-managed bond issuance's, to address any and all documentation and analytical requirements, prepare client briefings and material
- Participate as an active and responsible member of deal teams to ensure proper communication flow whether relating to developing the plan of finance, responding to internal compliance and deal
tracking requirements, periodic reporting and general transaction administration
- Research available data sources to generate leads for potential new business
- Prepare presentations for financing proposals and new business development
- Assist in drafting responses to request for proposals by governmental clients
- Previous experience in working in public finance or with public agencies
- Successful candidates will be highly self-motivated with plans for a long career in finance or
government, with an emphasis on analytics
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills are a must and good understanding of financial
- Well organized, attention to detail and able to manage multiple projects
- Strong user of Excel, PowerPoint and Word is required; experience with bond sizing software
is a strong positive
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and professional presence with clients is
- B.S. or B.A. with major(s) in business, accounting, mathematics, economics, public policy or
- Background investigation required
- Skilled in Microsoft Office suite required
- Effective communicator with strong passion for customer service skills required
- Skills test required
- Strong organizational and follow-up orientation
- Communication Skills: Communicates effectively, persuasively and appropriately in oral and
written form by understanding the audience’s needs, subject matter content and urgency, and
assorted media with which to share information
- Technical expertise: Applies and improves extensive or in-depth specialized knowledge, skills,
and judgment to accomplish a result or to accomplish one's job effectively
- Ethics and Transparency: Understands and upholds the highest degree of ethical standards and
maintains the integrity of the organization
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $63,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- Financial Analysis: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Dallas, TX (Required)
- English (Required)
- United States (Required)