Senior Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Town Leland Leland
Town Leland Leland urgently required following position for Senior Administrative Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Town Leland Leland Jobs Details:
Position Overview: Performs intermediate skilled administrative support work providing administrative support to department staff, receiving, and processing incoming calls and visitors, preparing and maintaining detailed and/or confidential records and files, preparing reports, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the limited supervision of the Economic & Community Development Director.
Essential Job Functions
- Administers software systems used by the planning and building inspections staff; resolves systems problems that occur; enters permit application workflow procedures and other data into software.
- Acts as receptionist; greets visitors; answers telephones and responds to e-mails; provides information and assistance or forwards calls and e-mails to appropriate party for disposition; assists the public with the completion of standardized records and documents; registers participants for various programs.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of office files, accounts, and other records; assists with budget process; compiles information and verifies data; coordinates and assists with processing accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, budgetary, staff per diem requests and other financial data; enters purchase requisitions; reconciles invoices and payment of bills.
- Assists and provides support to Permit Technician as needed.
- Prepares spreadsheets for reporting status of projects and operating procedures.
- Composes, independently or with limited instruction, letters, brochures, flyers, announcements, etc.; proofreads and edits outgoing public information.
- Compiles information and produces documents and reports; proofs and edits outgoing public information; edits and updates department programming information on website.
- Receives and receipts various revenues; prepares and maintains deposit spreadsheet; maintains petty cash fund; prepares financial, statistical, and project status reports, spreadsheets, and papers.
- Purchases, distributes, and maintains inventory of general office supplies.
- Receives, sorts, processes, and distributes incoming and outgoing mail; maintains postage meter.
- Operates a variety of standard office equipment.
- Performs specialized departmental tasks and duties as assigned.
- Associates/Technical degree with coursework in business administration, administrative support, or related field and moderate experience in administrative support and office operations, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with software systems, preferably within a municipal building inspections department.
- Possession of an appropriate driver's license valid in the State of North Carolina.
- May require possession of or ability to obtain specific licenses and/or certifications depending on departmental assignment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of the organization and functions of the department and of general administrative policies and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, equipment, and office support techniques.
- General knowledge of software systems and ability to quickly learn the use of the Town’s software systems.
- Thorough knowledge of business English, spelling, and arithmetic.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret difficult materials with complicated information that may contain excerpts from regulatory and/or legal documents.
- Ability to keep office records and to prepare accurate reports from file sources.
- Ability to perform and organize work independently.
- Ability to prepare effective correspondence on routine matters and to perform office management details without referral to supervisor.
- Ability to operate standard office and computer equipment including ability to operate specialized software.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, elected officials, other agencies, and the general public.
This work requires the frequent exertion of up to 10 pounds of force and occasional exertion of up to 25 pounds of force; work regularly requires speaking or hearing, using hands to finger, handle or feel and repetitive motions, frequently requires sitting and reaching with hands and arms and occasionally requires standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, pushing or pulling and lifting; work has standard vision requirements; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data, operating motor vehicles or equipment and observing general surroundings and activities; work has no exposure to environmental conditions; work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, light traffic).
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.