Patient Care Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Davita Medical Group Albuquerque
Davita Medical Group Albuquerque urgently required following position for Patient Care Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Patient Care Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Davita Medical Group Albuquerque Jobs Details:
Full time Patient Care Coordinator opportunity in our Care Management Dept., Roma Location
Overview of Position: Provides direct customer service and front desk assistance for assigned department to include but not limited to admitting, registering, scheduling, verifying insurance and may perform charge entry functions. Handles customer account transactions, provides customer assistance, and performs and/or oversees cashiering operations.
- Provides direct customer service and front desk assistance for assigned department to include but not limited to registering, scheduling and verifying insurance and arriving patients. Electronic eligibility verification, updating patient demographics, ensure required referrals and prior authorization are in place for patient visit. Manage No-show list. Schedules wait list, follow-up, x-ray, referral appointments.
- Handles customer account transactions, provides customer assistance, and performs and/or oversees cashiering operations. Responsible for obtaining “expert” level knowledge of the inter-workings of various insurance plans and staying abreast of insurance plans in the process of being added, deleted or changed. Collection of co-pays, co-insurance, self-pay, fee-for-service, and payment on account.
- Reconciles daily cash deposit in accordance cash balance policy and procedures. Settlement of EDC credit card machines to include reconciliation of transactions against settlement.
- May be required to analyze medical records and charge entry information for financial reimbursement within the guidelines and procedures. Work TES charge entry edits.
- Adheres to policies, procedures and regulations to ensure patient safety and regulations. May attend departmental meetings and provide constructive recommendations for areas improvement.
- Review and identify charges for patient encounters in assigned area.
- Verify correct codes (CPT, ICD 9, ICD 10) are being entered into the system.
- Input of demographic changes and time of service information,
- Knowledgeable in appending modifiers based on payer specifics, insurance and authorization requirements.
- Verify correct use of modifiers, mapping and linking codes with services, notes have been signed, orders and procedures entered into system,
- Work with providers and management to facilitate information and answer questions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required: High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
Preferred: One (1) year of previously related experience or Medical Receptionist certificate from an accredited institution
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Ability to type and enter efficiently and accurately at 25-30 WPM.
- Ability to work independently and willingness to learn.
- Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Attention to detail. Windows navigation skills. Skilled in a variety of MS Office software applications
DaVita Medical Group is one of the nation’s leading medical groups and is a national medical group with operations in New Mexico, Nevada, Colorado, Florida, California and Washington. It is an exciting time to join DaVita Medical Group NM as we blaze new trails in coordinated care, setting the new standard in New Mexico for compassionate, cost-effective, high quality healthcare.
If you’re looking to make a difference with a large, financially stable, well-recognized medical group, DaVita Medical Group may be the employer for you.
DaVita Medical Group is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita Medical Group makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita Medical Group will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.