Animal Care Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Access Specialty Animal Hospital Culver City
Access Specialty Animal Hospital Culver City urgently required following position for Animal Care Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Animal Care Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Access Specialty Animal Hospital Culver City Jobs Details:
ACCESS Specialty Animal Hospital is looking for bubbly, driven, and loving Animal Care Assistants to join our team.
ACCESS is a fast-paced multi-specialty veterinary hospital which includes emergency/critical care, cardiology, internal medicine, interventional radiology/endoscopy, surgery, nephrology, neurology, urology, and zoological medicine (avian and exotics). We combine advanced medical treatment with cutting-edge technology to provide compassionate comprehensive advanced medical care for our patients -- 24hrs, 365 days a year.
We’re different. We don’t do corporate red tape. Instead, we do pumpkin carving contests, potlucks, staff support, and innovation in our medical care and management. Does this sound like something you might like? Read on to learn about what the job entails.
Duties and Responsibilities –
- Care for every patient as if they are your own pet and each client as if they are your family member
- Understanding location as well as restocking of supplies, including knowledge of how to handle running out of supplies
- Understanding of workings of IV pumps, including how to run them, read them, and how to look for leaks and swelling
- How to properly clean 7 sides of every cage
- Understanding of Isolation protocol
- Hospital cleaning, including vacuuming, sweeping and mopping floors, refilling bottles of cleaning products, and performing laundry
- Possession of sufficient front desk knowledge to handle basic support, including: telephone protocol, sign in form location and client / patient / charge entry into Avimark, taking and entering of payments into various systems, preparation of cage cards, labeling of personal belongings and CPR difference awareness
- Understanding of basic patient monitoring, including understanding of how to read and interpret treatment sheets
- Awareness of commonly used drugs, including drugs that are harmful to humans, emergency drugs, and eye and ear medications, and how to prep heparinized saline flush
- Ability to restrain general canine and feline patients, and obtain TPR, MM, CRT and understanding of normal parameters
- Ability to trim nails as well as scan for microchips
- Knowledge of how to set up / operate the oxygen cage, as well as how to change oxygen tanks
- Basic knowledge of radiology computer system (how to enter client and patient information and how to make a CD), and how to position patients for basic radiographs
- Laboratory skills including microscope use and care, fecal flotation setup, direct smear setup, heartworm (3Dx) test, Snap tests, PCV/TP, BG, as well as operation of in-house equipment (Idexx Catalyst, LaserCyte, Nova, I-Stat, Coag) and how to prepare outside labwork forms / logs and samples to go out
- Understanding of surgical area support, including folding of towels and drapes, autoclave cleaning, and basic aseptic technique.
If interested, please submit your cover letter and resume, including a paragraph about what you like about veterinary medicine.
Please send your CV and cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
- Veterinary: 2 years (Preferred)